"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -- think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me -- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:6-9
Sometimes when we can't find peace, we get burned out, depressed & frustrated. You may act out in an unhealthy way towards yourself or someone else near to you.
Satan doesn’t want us to experience God’s peace. Satan would rather that we be consumed with divisiveness, bitterness, fear, doubt, worry, & anger. What do you do to get peace? The best place to start is with God’s word to remind ourselves of His promise to us.
God wants you to have true peace
· God says in verse 6, "Do not be anxious about anything." That means don't worry. The word for "anxious" in the greek means to be "troubled with cares".
· He hasn't given you this command without you being able to carry it out.
· He said to the man with the withered hand, "Stretch forth your hand" (Mark 3:5) But the man could not -- yet He obeyed and did it!
· Because the Holy Spirit is in you, you are able to live by faith, and not worry... no matter what happens. Because the Spirit empowers you to be faithful, to trust, to yield to the Lord's will.
· With the Holy Spirit you are able to trust God beyond your own ability to know what will happen in your life.
· 1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you.
· John 14:1 "Do not let your heart be troubled. Trust in God.
Pray - In prayer you are transformed
· v.6 "But in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."
· Romans 15:13, "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
· Psalm 16:11 You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
· Romans 8:6 The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace.
These things are written to you so that the God of peace will be with you. Not simply peace... but the GOD of peace will be with you. This is about God dwelling with you. He wants you to be holy, pure, & right; He wants your heart to be healed. God wants you to have His peace and He wants YOU to experience the healing that only He can deliver, so that you can experience His grace in your life. God wants a RELATIONSHIP with you and He wants to fill you with His JOY.
If you don’t have peace, you don’t have joy. If you’re burned out, hurting, or unsettled, you may not be at peace. If you’ve been disrespected, mistreated, or the victim of harsh spiritual leadership, it is likely that your heart needs healing from those wounds. I invite you to contact me, and when you do, I will help you find to a healthy, & grace filled church who understands how to help you heal and experience God’s peace; which is the foundation that holds your JOY. You owe it to yourself.